Memorial Day has raised her white, red and blue flag signaling that the time has come for the welcome back to white. Even if you claim to never play by the rules, admit it. You’ve felt the nagging hesitation reaching for your white eyelet sundress on a warm day in April, right? Well, wait no longer my friends. Whether you’re fabulous enough to snag an invite to P Diddy’s infamous “White Party” in the Hamptons or you’ve got a date on the boat this weekend, here’s some tips for looking WHITE HOT:
1) Stay away from too-tight white. White is not necessarily the most slimming color so don’t give it any leverage for showing off all the wrong places.
3) For a Brigitte Bardot in Cannes look, find a fitted striped top to pair with high-waisted white trousers with a full leg. For effect, add a strong graphic print scarf around your neck or on your waist as a belt. For a more casual take, Gwyneth recommends the French striped tees from Saint James for $65.
4) Instantly summer-ize your style with white shoes or a white handbag. With a seersucker sundress, add white espadrilles and a laser-cut leather bag. For a polished day look, go for the patent. And for a tougher take, try a white gladiator (like these Michael Kors Scorpian sandals $114)
5) Go Grecian with a one-shoulder white dress or top with metallic sandals, gold jewelry and braids in your hair.
6) For a fresh all-white look, add a pop of color with your accessories – a printed scarf, bold colored bag or two-toned shoes.
7) Don’t forget to wear nude underpinnings and steer clear of sheer!