Jess James along with Ben Swaim’s DreamCarSource.com and The City Club present Wilmington’s second annual Great Gatsby Gala inspired by the Great American Novel, forthcoming remake of the film (directed by Baz Luhrmann, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan) and the joie de vivre of the Jazz Age glamourized by Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald.
THE BEE’S KNEES — This style-conscious event includes:
* Themed 1920‘s rooms (Boardwalk Empire, Downton Abbey, anyone?)
* Models in 1920′s-inspired finery from aMuse, A Second Time Around, Precious Gems & Jewelry, Lilies & Lace and Cape Fear Formalwear. Hair + Makeup by The Rockin Roller Salon
* Delicious food, Prohibition era cocktails, live 1920’s music in the garden and Jimmy Nations’ Victrola inside.
* Exclusive giveaways, “best dressed” contest and Roaring Twenties reverie.
As the City Club’s only event open to the public, The City Club will offer an exclusive discount (80% discount!) for membership sign-up the night of the event only, as well as the “code word” into the Gatsby speakeasy featuring a highly-anticipated burlesque show.
THE MAGIC HOUR: Thursday, September 20th from 7pm-10pm.
WHERE: The City Club at de Rosset / 23 South 2nd Street in Downtown Wilmington
Tickets are $40 in advance and $50 at the door. Ticket includes heavy hors d’eoeuvres and two complimentary drinks. CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR TICKET!
The first 50 guests to purchase tickets online are registered to win a free City Club Membership Sign-Up ($1,500 value!)
Photography: Bella Rose Photography
- No Related Posts
Sign up for the Fashion Fix Newsletter
- Ask Style Girl
- Charleston's Own
- Closet Confessions
- Deals & Discounts
- Fashion Shows
- Gotta Love It
- IRL: In Real Life
- Live with 100.7's Kitty Kinnin
- Live with Z107.5's Foz in the Morning Show
- LOVE IT
- Lumina Station "Love It @ Lumina" Videos
- Social Chic
- STYLE GIRL "FASHION FIX"
- Style on the Street
- Style Profiles
- Style Story
- Style Tips
- VIDEO: Style Girl Channel
- Wilmington's Own